Naruto: Dasshoku Seiryoku Remaster Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naruto: Dasshoku Seiryoku Remaster Forum

Official forum for Naruto: Dasshoku Seiryoku Remastered.

2 posters

Panda's Mechanical Suggestions.

HylianPanda
    HylianPanda
    Admin

Panda's Mechanical Suggestions. Empty Panda's Mechanical Suggestions.

Post by HylianPanda Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:29 am

These are suggestions towards the general mechanics of the game.

Training
    For training I suggest a two fold training system.

The first of which would be a training verb. It functions like meditate but raises stats/level instead of just hp/chakra/rei. This method would be relatively slow compared to the other training method.

The second is NPC/Player killing. The world would need to be bigger and populated with more NPCs but each NPC would give a number of exp that could be used to grain stats/levels. These NPCs would be really strong to the point where even the weakest of them would be difficult to kill for a mid level player. But Killing them would give you massive exp.

Stats

Currently the game has Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Taijutsu as well as a skill for each weapon type. for ninjas and Strength and Reiatsu for bleach races. These are fine but I would slightly alter it.

For Ninjas the stats should be Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Taijutsu and Bukijutsu. Bukijutsu is simply weapon skill and would replace the three separate stats that it is now. Making it one skill allows for more weapon based clans to have boosts and abilities around it.

For Bleach races the stats should be Reiatsu Power, Reiatsu Resistance, Strength and Bukijutsu. Reiatsu power is the strength of reiatsu based things while reiatsu resistance is how well you resist binds and illusions. Strength is self explanatory and Bukijutsu was already explained. Bleach has many weapon skills and combining it into a stat allows for easy access to these techniques.

Leadership and Ranks
    Each village, squad, and organization has a leader. Leadership should be given at the same level regardless of race or clan and should give similar benefits(with the exception of the espada and a few other things which I will explain in my Bleach side suggestions). A leader should get a unique uniform(which I believe they already do) and A technique or jutsu that only the leader can get.

Leaders should be able to be challenged for positions and this whole process should be automatic. As in having a rank challenge verb or something. If leadership is lost the jutus/tech is kept by the person who lost the rank. Custom jutsu choice and things like that should be removed in general.

Sub leaders and ranks should also have something unique to it. For example if one is a Sannin of the Leaf village maybe you get a Will of Fire verb that gives you a small boost Or if you are a lieutenant of a squad you get a badge that gives a boost.

Each Village should have a Kage, 3 Top Shinobi(Sannin in leaf maybe called something else in each other village), and 10 Elite Ninjas(Anbu in leaf called something else in other villages.)

Squads should have a Captain, A lieutenant, and seats going from 3 to 10. For shinigami there should also be a Captain Commander who is above all the captains and is the leader of the Soul Society.
    (More rank suggestions will come in my bleach side suggestions)

Game Rules
    My suggestions for the rules of the game.

1. No Bug Abusing/Glitch abusing. Finding a glitch is not illegal but it must be reported.
    2. No Spawn Killing of Safe Zone Killing.
    3. English in OOC.
    4. Respect GM decisions.
    5. No Telling Secrets.
    6. No Tele/Summon Killing.

Last edited by HylianPanda on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Wind

Panda's Mechanical Suggestions. Empty Re: Panda's Mechanical Suggestions.

Post by Wind Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:53 am

Ok we discussed the training system yesterday with bone and sojuro, I was thinking of a few things.
    1. We decrease gains to 1 stat per number pressed on the training system we have atm.
    2. We add the meditating that increases all stats extremely slowly as a passive way to train.
    3. we add increase of stats through use of jutsus, but small gains just like meditate.
    4. We add 2 point systems.
    A) Kill system/points: this is done through PVP only with other players. You kill someone and get exp depending on their lvl of strength. Once you level up you get a certain amount of Points that u can invest into any stat you want. This excludes the skills such as trap, shuriken and kunai. (Amount of points given for lvling up is up for discussion)

B)Stat system/points: Similar to the kill system, u have to lvl up in a totally different system by killing NPCs only. You get different amount exp depending on the strength of NPCs killed.
    by lvling up in this system u get points aswell to invest into stats, but the points u get is less than those in the kill system since killing players is harder than killing npcs. However we can give a small number of stats in random stats for killin an individual npc.

HylianPanda
    HylianPanda
    Admin

Post by HylianPanda Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:04 am

Wind wrote:Ok we discussed the training system yesterday with bone and sojuro, I was thinking of a few things.
    1. We decrease gains to 1 stat per  number pressed on the training system we have atm.
    2. We add the meditating that increases all stats extremely slowly as a passive way to train.
    3. we add increase of stats through use of jutsus, but small gains just like meditate.
    4. We add 2 point systems.
            A) Kill system/points:  this is done through PVP only with other players. You kill someone and get exp depending on their lvl of strength. Once you level up you get a certain amount of Points that u can invest into any stat you want. This excludes the skills such as trap, shuriken and kunai. (Amount of points given for lvling up is up for discussion)

B)Stat system/points: Similar to the kill system, u have to lvl up in a totally different system by killing NPCs only. You get different amount exp depending on the strength of NPCs killed.
    by lvling up in this system u get points aswell to invest into stats, but the points u get is less than those in the kill system since  killing players is harder than killing npcs. However we can give a small number of stats in random stats for killin an individual npc.

1. This system sould be removed entirely.
    2 and 3 sound good but remember you dont want it to be too slow. It needs to stay a viable training method BUT not as good as 4.
    4. A and B should be the same. The NPCs should be strong enough that killing a lvl 20k npc and a lvl 20k player should both be a great challenge. When you level up instead of just getting points why not just have it increase stats? Most clans only use 1 stat anyway so increasing the other two doesn't make too much of a difference. Unless there is a plan to add defensive stats(as in something that could reduce damage received) then the stat points wouldn't be very useful. If you just got exp from killing and it levels you up giving you stats in everything then it's A.) less coding work and B.) a way to keep everyone from just pumping their main stat.

Here's an example of what I mean.

If you wanted to get to lvl 20k though medding it would take you aprox 2-3 days.

If you wanted to get there through NPC training it would take 1-2 days BUT killing NPCs wouldnt be easy and killing players would be even harder so you would probably have to spend a day or two medding to get strong enough to start npc training. Then once you do you start seeing the huge gains. A day of medding might have gotten you to level 6k but then a few hours of NPC/Player killing got you to 20k really quickly.

You gotta balance it in such a way where people can still benefit from meditate training AND training though fighting.
    Wind

Post by Wind Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:13 pm

Well, for the number system, its not rly bad if its there on the side. Like at some point in time when we have a lot of players the game will continuously be out of npcs, so besides medding u could also have the number system if u wanna focus on 1 stat.

the reason i got 2 point systems is for ranks. You could award things with ranks in the kill system. I havent figured it out yet. Maybe like 1000 kills agains players and you get a stat bonues reward. Npcs will always be around to kill, but players are rare, but i get what you mean.

Also, the pumping 1 stat through the point system is good i guess, we could do what SOL does. Choose what type of stat is your main during birth and the other two will be assets to the main. This will have increases in the main a bit bigger than the other two. Maybe like x3 for main.
    HylianPanda
    HylianPanda
    Admin

Post by HylianPanda Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Wind wrote:Well, for the number system, its not rly bad if its there on the side. Like at some point in time when we have a lot of players the game will continuously be out of npcs, so besides medding u could also have the number system if u wanna focus on 1 stat.

the reason i got 2 point systems is for ranks. You could award things with ranks in the kill system. I havent figured it out yet. Maybe like 1000 kills agains players and you get a stat bonues reward. Npcs will always be around to kill, but players are rare, but i get what you mean.

Also, the pumping 1 stat through the point system is good i guess, we could do what SOL does. Choose what type of stat is your main during birth and the other two will be assets to the main. This will have increases in the main a bit bigger than the other two. Maybe like x3 for main.

There really is no other way of putting the number system other than trash. It has and always will be the worst part of this game. When your stats capped out at 20k it wasn't too bad because you just did it for a few hours and were done. If you want a game with no caps that system has to go.

In regards for running out of NPCs I have seen quite a few other games use systems similar to what I suggest and they are NEVER out of NPCs. You have to have the world populated with enough and diverse NPCs that they don't run out. You also make their refresh frequent and allow for squads/parties to share/split exp gained.

As for a kill reward I would say do it like a rank system. Everyone starts as unranked. Kill 10 players go to D kill 100 to C kill 500 to B kill 1000 to A kill 10000 to S kill 100000 for SS or something like that. Each rank could give a bonus or a unique technique. Maybe even have the S/SS ones give something ridiculous because getting there would be super difficult.

If you wanna do a stat point system you should have it on top of normal things.  Here's an example:

You need 20k exp to level up. You killed an enemy that gives you 20k exp.

You level up gaining 200 Hp 200 Chakra/Rei 50 Rei Power/Nin 50 Gen/Rei Resist 50 Strength/Tai 50 Bukijutsu and 20 Skill points

the 20 points could be put into whatever stat you want 1 each for the stats that gained 50 and 10 each for the stats that got 200. This way you are gaining a little of everything but can still specialize and customize.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:13 am